Court issues summons to Rakhi Sawant
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court on Thursday issued summons to Rakhi Sawant, host of reality show `Rakhi ka Insaaf`, and seven others in a defamation case and directed them to appear before it on February 10.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyotsana Singh issued the summons after taking cognisance of a complaint filed by Narendra Singh in November last year claiming that his wife Sunita Singh was wrongly shown as married to someone else on the show.
Besides, Rakhi, the court directed the bosses of Imagine TV Channel and Dev Bhardwaj, who was shown as Sunita`s husband on the show, to appear before it on February 10.
Narendra claimed that he is married to Sunita since August 2003 and the man shown in the episode is not her husband.
Narendra had filed a complaint on charges of defamation, obscenity and indecent representation of a woman, among others.
`Rakhi Ka Insaaf`, which was shifted from 10 PM to 11 PM following an I&B ministry directive, is also embroiled in a case of abetment to suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured