Court issues summons to Rakhi Sawant
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court on Thursday issued summons to Rakhi Sawant, host of reality show `Rakhi ka Insaaf`, and seven others in a defamation case and directed them to appear before it on February 10.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyotsana Singh issued the summons after taking cognisance of a complaint filed by Narendra Singh in November last year claiming that his wife Sunita Singh was wrongly shown as married to someone else on the show.
Besides, Rakhi, the court directed the bosses of Imagine TV Channel and Dev Bhardwaj, who was shown as Sunita`s husband on the show, to appear before it on February 10.
Narendra claimed that he is married to Sunita since August 2003 and the man shown in the episode is not her husband.
Narendra had filed a complaint on charges of defamation, obscenity and indecent representation of a woman, among others.
`Rakhi Ka Insaaf`, which was shifted from 10 PM to 11 PM following an I&B ministry directive, is also embroiled in a case of abetment to suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore