Court issues summons to Rakhi Sawant
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court on Thursday issued summons to Rakhi Sawant, host of reality show `Rakhi ka Insaaf`, and seven others in a defamation case and directed them to appear before it on February 10.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyotsana Singh issued the summons after taking cognisance of a complaint filed by Narendra Singh in November last year claiming that his wife Sunita Singh was wrongly shown as married to someone else on the show.
Besides, Rakhi, the court directed the bosses of Imagine TV Channel and Dev Bhardwaj, who was shown as Sunita`s husband on the show, to appear before it on February 10.
Narendra claimed that he is married to Sunita since August 2003 and the man shown in the episode is not her husband.
Narendra had filed a complaint on charges of defamation, obscenity and indecent representation of a woman, among others.
`Rakhi Ka Insaaf`, which was shifted from 10 PM to 11 PM following an I&B ministry directive, is also embroiled in a case of abetment to suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations