Court issues summons to Rakhi Sawant
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court on Thursday issued summons to Rakhi Sawant, host of reality show `Rakhi ka Insaaf`, and seven others in a defamation case and directed them to appear before it on February 10.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyotsana Singh issued the summons after taking cognisance of a complaint filed by Narendra Singh in November last year claiming that his wife Sunita Singh was wrongly shown as married to someone else on the show.
Besides, Rakhi, the court directed the bosses of Imagine TV Channel and Dev Bhardwaj, who was shown as Sunita`s husband on the show, to appear before it on February 10.
Narendra claimed that he is married to Sunita since August 2003 and the man shown in the episode is not her husband.
Narendra had filed a complaint on charges of defamation, obscenity and indecent representation of a woman, among others.
`Rakhi Ka Insaaf`, which was shifted from 10 PM to 11 PM following an I&B ministry directive, is also embroiled in a case of abetment to suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city