Court orders FIR against BSP MLA, policemen
Etawah: A local court has ordered
the police to lodge an FIR against a ruling BSP MLA, his
security guard, a dozen policemen and others for allegedly
assaulting and robbing his brother.
Special magistrate Sandeep Jain has directed the
police to lodge an FIR against BSP MLA from Bharthana Shiv
Prasad Yadav, his brothers Chandra Prakash, Puneet Parihar and
a dozen policemen, including incharge of civil lines, official
sources said here.
The order was passed on an application moved by MLA`s
brother Dr Shivendra Singh Yadav, who alleged that on March 29
Shiv Prasad and Chandra Prakash along with police personnel
from Civil Lines forcibly entered his New Friends Colony house
and looted goods, including 200 gram gold jewellery and when
resisted they assaulted him and his wife.
The court while directing the police to lodge an FIR
has asked them to submit a copy within 24 hours.
It also directed the police to submit the status
report of investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre