Court orders FIR against ex-UP minister, his MP wife
Meerut: A local court on Tuesday ordered police to file a case against former UP minister Ramveer Upadhyay and his wife BSP MP Seema Upadhyay for allegedly ransacking the office of a private university.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajesh Kumar Rai ordered the police to file a case against the BSP leaders on a complaint filed by Naresh Kumar, security officer of Vivekananda Subharti University.
According to the complaint, the former minister and his wife on April 3 had gone to the University to get their daughter`s admission in post-graduate medical course and in regards wanted to meet Atul Krishna, the director of the university who was not present.
Following which the minister along with his private security personnel ransacked the university office and also threatened the staff, Kumar in his complaint said.
As per a university spokesperson, the university was forced to approach the court for redressal after the police failed to take any action against the two leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata