Court orders FIR against ex-UP minister, his MP wife
Meerut: A local court on Tuesday ordered police to file a case against former UP minister Ramveer Upadhyay and his wife BSP MP Seema Upadhyay for allegedly ransacking the office of a private university.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajesh Kumar Rai ordered the police to file a case against the BSP leaders on a complaint filed by Naresh Kumar, security officer of Vivekananda Subharti University.
According to the complaint, the former minister and his wife on April 3 had gone to the University to get their daughter`s admission in post-graduate medical course and in regards wanted to meet Atul Krishna, the director of the university who was not present.
Following which the minister along with his private security personnel ransacked the university office and also threatened the staff, Kumar in his complaint said.
As per a university spokesperson, the university was forced to approach the court for redressal after the police failed to take any action against the two leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah