Court orders re-opening of case against DP Yadav
Ghaziabad: A local court here on Wednesday rejected the closure report of police in the case related an alleged land grabbing attempt by former minister D P Yadav and his nephew, and ordered a fresh investigation into the matter.
The ACJM court directed Ghantaghar police to probe the matter.
According to the complaint by former panchayat member Kartar Singh, he had purchased a land near the hotel of Yadav on the Ambedkar Road in 2002.
Singh alleged that with the intent of killing him, Yadav along with his nephew Jitender Yadav and others fired at him. The complainant claimed that he was held captive by Yadav and others who threatened him to hand over the land to them.
On his complaint, police registered a case against Yadav, his nephew and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?