Court records cop`s statement in UP serial blasts case
Faizabad: A local court on Saturday recorded the
statement of a police official in connection with the near
simultaneous serial blasts that ripped through court premises
in Lucknow, Varanasi and Faizabad on November 23, 2007.
Additional District Judge Laxmi Kant Shukla recorded
the statement of Inspector S N Singh on the report lodged by
him in connection with the blasts as the then SHO of Faizabad
city Kotwali in the presence of the four arrested accused who
were produced in court amid tight security.
Khalid Mujahid, Tariq Qazmi, Sajjadur Rahman and
Akhtar, accused of carrying out the explosions, had been
arrested in December, 2008.
The terror blasts which had rocked court complexes in
Lucknow, Varanasi and Faizabad had killed 15 persons
including four lawyers and left over 80 injured.
Proceedings in this case began to be held in Faizabad
central jail after a court order to this effect following
failure of the police to provide security to the lawyers
defending the accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug