Court records statement in case against Union minister Jaiswal
Kanpur: A local court on monday recorded statement of the woman activist who had filed a petition against Union minister Sriprakash Jaiswal over his alleged sexiest remark during a function here.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate V K Pandey recorded statement of Anita Dua and directed recording of statements of other witnesses on next hearing listed for October 18.
On October 3, Dua had moved the court seeking a case against Jaiswal under Sections 294 (obscene acts and songs) and 500 (punishment for defamation) of the IPC.
"She was directed by the court to appear today with supporting evidence for recording her statement," Dua`s lawyer said.
Addressing a kavi sammelan here recently, when the news of India`s victory over Pakistan in a World Twenty-20 match in Sri Lanka came in, Jaiswal had said, "Like an old victory, wives lose charm as time goes by."
Jaiswal, however, had later claimed his comments were misconstrued and were being taken out of context and that he apologised if they have hurt the sentiments of women.
The remarks had sparked outrage among women organisations which had burnt effigies of the minister in his hometown here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state