Court records statement in case against Union minister Jaiswal
Kanpur: A local court on monday recorded statement of the woman activist who had filed a petition against Union minister Sriprakash Jaiswal over his alleged sexiest remark during a function here.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate V K Pandey recorded statement of Anita Dua and directed recording of statements of other witnesses on next hearing listed for October 18.
On October 3, Dua had moved the court seeking a case against Jaiswal under Sections 294 (obscene acts and songs) and 500 (punishment for defamation) of the IPC.
"She was directed by the court to appear today with supporting evidence for recording her statement," Dua`s lawyer said.
Addressing a kavi sammelan here recently, when the news of India`s victory over Pakistan in a World Twenty-20 match in Sri Lanka came in, Jaiswal had said, "Like an old victory, wives lose charm as time goes by."
Jaiswal, however, had later claimed his comments were misconstrued and were being taken out of context and that he apologised if they have hurt the sentiments of women.
The remarks had sparked outrage among women organisations which had burnt effigies of the minister in his hometown here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?