Court records statement in case against Union minister Jaiswal
Kanpur: A local court on monday recorded statement of the woman activist who had filed a petition against Union minister Sriprakash Jaiswal over his alleged sexiest remark during a function here.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate V K Pandey recorded statement of Anita Dua and directed recording of statements of other witnesses on next hearing listed for October 18.
On October 3, Dua had moved the court seeking a case against Jaiswal under Sections 294 (obscene acts and songs) and 500 (punishment for defamation) of the IPC.
"She was directed by the court to appear today with supporting evidence for recording her statement," Dua`s lawyer said.
Addressing a kavi sammelan here recently, when the news of India`s victory over Pakistan in a World Twenty-20 match in Sri Lanka came in, Jaiswal had said, "Like an old victory, wives lose charm as time goes by."
Jaiswal, however, had later claimed his comments were misconstrued and were being taken out of context and that he apologised if they have hurt the sentiments of women.
The remarks had sparked outrage among women organisations which had burnt effigies of the minister in his hometown here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers