Court rejects bail plea of sugar mill GM
Meerut: A local court has rejected the bail plea of General Manager of a sugar mill in Amarsingh Pur area of the district after he was arrested on charges of fraud.
The Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (ACJM) yesterday rejected the bail plea of Suresh Kumar, General Manager of Mawana Sugar mills, who was arrested on Friday.
Kumar was arrested for allegedly cheating farmers by tampering with the weight of the crops sold to the sugar mill, police said.
He was arrested on the orders of the District Magistrate and charged under relevant sections of the IPC, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested