Court reserves verdict in Auraiya murder case
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court Friday reserved its judgement in engineer Manoj
Gupta murder case in Auraiya in which BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari is an accused.
A single bench of Justice S N Shukla gave the direction on a petition filed by Tiwari, who claimed that he
did not get a chance to present proofs in his defence in the special court.
The court gave him three days time to present facts in his defence.
Earlier, on Apri 11, Special Judge Virendra Kumar reserved the judgement for today after hearing 31 witnesses, including 12 of defence and 19 from the prosecution side. PWD engineer Gupta was murdered on Dec 24, 2008, allegedly by BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari and his henchmen after he refused to pay him money.
An FIR in this regard was registered by slain engineer`s wife Shashi Gutpa in Dibiyapur police station of
Besides, MLA Tiwari his wife Vibha Tiwari, Vinay Tiwari, Rambabu alias Putti, Yogendra Dohre alias Bhatia, Manoj Awasthi, Devendra Rajput, Santosh Tiwari, Gajraj Singh, Pal Singh, former SHO Dibiyapur Hoshiyar SIngh are accused in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!