Court reserves verdict in Auraiya murder case
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court Friday reserved its judgement in engineer Manoj
Gupta murder case in Auraiya in which BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari is an accused.
A single bench of Justice S N Shukla gave the direction on a petition filed by Tiwari, who claimed that he
did not get a chance to present proofs in his defence in the special court.
The court gave him three days time to present facts in his defence.
Earlier, on Apri 11, Special Judge Virendra Kumar reserved the judgement for today after hearing 31 witnesses, including 12 of defence and 19 from the prosecution side. PWD engineer Gupta was murdered on Dec 24, 2008, allegedly by BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari and his henchmen after he refused to pay him money.
An FIR in this regard was registered by slain engineer`s wife Shashi Gutpa in Dibiyapur police station of
Besides, MLA Tiwari his wife Vibha Tiwari, Vinay Tiwari, Rambabu alias Putti, Yogendra Dohre alias Bhatia, Manoj Awasthi, Devendra Rajput, Santosh Tiwari, Gajraj Singh, Pal Singh, former SHO Dibiyapur Hoshiyar SIngh are accused in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'