Court reserves verdict in Auraiya murder case
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court Friday reserved its judgement in engineer Manoj
Gupta murder case in Auraiya in which BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari is an accused.
A single bench of Justice S N Shukla gave the direction on a petition filed by Tiwari, who claimed that he
did not get a chance to present proofs in his defence in the special court.
The court gave him three days time to present facts in his defence.
Earlier, on Apri 11, Special Judge Virendra Kumar reserved the judgement for today after hearing 31 witnesses, including 12 of defence and 19 from the prosecution side. PWD engineer Gupta was murdered on Dec 24, 2008, allegedly by BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari and his henchmen after he refused to pay him money.
An FIR in this regard was registered by slain engineer`s wife Shashi Gutpa in Dibiyapur police station of
Besides, MLA Tiwari his wife Vibha Tiwari, Vinay Tiwari, Rambabu alias Putti, Yogendra Dohre alias Bhatia, Manoj Awasthi, Devendra Rajput, Santosh Tiwari, Gajraj Singh, Pal Singh, former SHO Dibiyapur Hoshiyar SIngh are accused in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users