Court to hear Joshi`s plea of CBI probe on May 17
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court has fixed May 17 as the next date of hearing of a
petition by Congress state president Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s
seeking a CBI probe into attack at her residence in 2009
allegedly by BSP men.
Justices Abdul Matin and Ashwani Kumar Singh fixed the
date yesterday after hearing both the sides.
From the government`s side, Advocate General Jyotindra
Mishra opposing the petition said that two accused have
already been arrested by the CBCID and probe was on in the
matter so there was no need for a CBI probe.
Joshi`s house was set afire by an angry mob of BSP
workers on July 15, 2009, after she made comments against
Mayawati at a public meeting.
BSP MLAs Jitendra Singh Babloo and Intezaar Abidi
Bobby, who hold the post of chairmen of a state corporation
body and enjoy ministerial status, were arrested recently by
CBCID in this connection.
Congress is pressing for the CBI probe alleging that
state agencies were hushing up the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?