Court to hear Joshi`s plea of CBI probe on May 17
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court has fixed May 17 as the next date of hearing of a
petition by Congress state president Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s
seeking a CBI probe into attack at her residence in 2009
allegedly by BSP men.
Justices Abdul Matin and Ashwani Kumar Singh fixed the
date yesterday after hearing both the sides.
From the government`s side, Advocate General Jyotindra
Mishra opposing the petition said that two accused have
already been arrested by the CBCID and probe was on in the
matter so there was no need for a CBI probe.
Joshi`s house was set afire by an angry mob of BSP
workers on July 15, 2009, after she made comments against
Mayawati at a public meeting.
BSP MLAs Jitendra Singh Babloo and Intezaar Abidi
Bobby, who hold the post of chairmen of a state corporation
body and enjoy ministerial status, were arrested recently by
CBCID in this connection.
Congress is pressing for the CBI probe alleging that
state agencies were hushing up the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder