Court to hear Joshi`s plea of CBI probe on May 17
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court has fixed May 17 as the next date of hearing of a
petition by Congress state president Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s
seeking a CBI probe into attack at her residence in 2009
allegedly by BSP men.
Justices Abdul Matin and Ashwani Kumar Singh fixed the
date yesterday after hearing both the sides.
From the government`s side, Advocate General Jyotindra
Mishra opposing the petition said that two accused have
already been arrested by the CBCID and probe was on in the
matter so there was no need for a CBI probe.
Joshi`s house was set afire by an angry mob of BSP
workers on July 15, 2009, after she made comments against
Mayawati at a public meeting.
BSP MLAs Jitendra Singh Babloo and Intezaar Abidi
Bobby, who hold the post of chairmen of a state corporation
body and enjoy ministerial status, were arrested recently by
CBCID in this connection.
Congress is pressing for the CBI probe alleging that
state agencies were hushing up the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban
- Quake brings down buildings in central Italy, at least six believed killed
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September