CPI demands SC-monitored CBI probe into Muzaffarnagar violence
Lucknow: CPI on Monday accused BJP of being behind the communal clashes at Muzaffarnagar and demanded a Supreme Court-monitored CBI probe into the violence.
The demand was made by CPI at a party rally here through a resolution which also held ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh responsible for "failing" to check the riots in time due to it policy of vote-bank politics.
Addressing the gathering, CPI General Secretary G Sudhakar Reddy alleged that some political parties had played dirty politics in spreading communalism due to which the incident took place.
"Ruling SP`s concentration on vote-bank also helped communal forces and the riots could not be checked on time," he alleged.
The rally, attended by party workers from all over the state, was organised to protest against communalism, price-rise and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family