CPI demands SC-monitored CBI probe into Muzaffarnagar violence
Lucknow: CPI on Monday accused BJP of being behind the communal clashes at Muzaffarnagar and demanded a Supreme Court-monitored CBI probe into the violence.
The demand was made by CPI at a party rally here through a resolution which also held ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh responsible for "failing" to check the riots in time due to it policy of vote-bank politics.
Addressing the gathering, CPI General Secretary G Sudhakar Reddy alleged that some political parties had played dirty politics in spreading communalism due to which the incident took place.
"Ruling SP`s concentration on vote-bank also helped communal forces and the riots could not be checked on time," he alleged.
The rally, attended by party workers from all over the state, was organised to protest against communalism, price-rise and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley