CPI releases manifesto for UP Assembly polls
Lucknow: Releasing its manifesto, the
Communist Party of India (CPI) on Saturday promised to implement the
recommendations of the Ranganath Misra commission and Sachar
committee for the uplift and welfare of Muslims in poll-bound
The election manifesto also reiterated the party`s resolve
for a law granting 33 per cent reservation to women in state
legislatures and Parliament.
The manifesto held the ruling BSP, SP, Congress and BJP
responsible for corruption, inflation and increasing crime in
The CPI claimed that it was due to the Left parties`
pressure during UPA-I that NREGS and RTI came into existence.
The party said it would contest 55 seats in the coming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini