CPI releases manifesto for UP Assembly polls
Lucknow: Releasing its manifesto, the
Communist Party of India (CPI) on Saturday promised to implement the
recommendations of the Ranganath Misra commission and Sachar
committee for the uplift and welfare of Muslims in poll-bound
The election manifesto also reiterated the party`s resolve
for a law granting 33 per cent reservation to women in state
legislatures and Parliament.
The manifesto held the ruling BSP, SP, Congress and BJP
responsible for corruption, inflation and increasing crime in
The CPI claimed that it was due to the Left parties`
pressure during UPA-I that NREGS and RTI came into existence.
The party said it would contest 55 seats in the coming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre