CPMF jawans leave UP as Centre silent on Mayawati`s demand
Lucknow: With the Centre silent on Mayawati`s demand to extend the stay of paramilitary forces by two months, the personnel deployed in view of the Ayodhya verdict have started to leave.
"A letter for extending the stay of the paramilitary forces in Uttar Pradesh by two more months was sent to the Centre yesterday but as there was no response, the forces have
started moving out," a senior police official told a news agency.
The chief minister has attacked the Centre for not providing adequate paramilitary forces to the state to deal with any eventuality in the aftermath of the verdict.
Against the demand for over 60,000 security personnel, the state was provided with 5,000 men till October 2.
There are now over 1,000 jawans of the Rapid Action Force in the state.
However, the official said, there would be no let up in the security arrangements because of the paramilitary forces going back.
"Alert would remain effective for the next three months and extra vigil would continue in the districts identified as sensitive and hyper sensitive," he said.
The Allahabad High Court in a majority verdict on September 30 ruled that the disputed land in Ayodhya be divided equally into three parts among Hindus and Muslims and
that status quo should be maintained at the disputed place for three months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents