Cracks appearing in memorials built by BSP: UP CM
Lucknow: Ruling Samajwadi Party today took a dig at opposition BSP saying cracks had started appearing in the memorials built by the previous Mayawati regime as substandard material had been used in their construction.
"The quality of construction at the memorials (put up) by the previous government is very poor, due to which cracks have started appearing in them. Though I have not visited them, it has (been brought) to my notice," Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said in the Assembly.
He alleged that money had been wasted on such memorials and items with a value of Rs 10 were purchased at a cost of thousands of rupees for the construction. BSP member and Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya responded by saying that some memorials were falling apart due to lack of maintenance by the state government and urged the CM to ensure their upkeep.
The SP government was looking after these monuments, Yadav claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform