Cracks appearing in memorials built by BSP: UP CM
Lucknow: Ruling Samajwadi Party today took a dig at opposition BSP saying cracks had started appearing in the memorials built by the previous Mayawati regime as substandard material had been used in their construction.
"The quality of construction at the memorials (put up) by the previous government is very poor, due to which cracks have started appearing in them. Though I have not visited them, it has (been brought) to my notice," Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said in the Assembly.
He alleged that money had been wasted on such memorials and items with a value of Rs 10 were purchased at a cost of thousands of rupees for the construction. BSP member and Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya responded by saying that some memorials were falling apart due to lack of maintenance by the state government and urged the CM to ensure their upkeep.
The SP government was looking after these monuments, Yadav claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents