Cracks appearing in memorials built by BSP: UP CM
Lucknow: Ruling Samajwadi Party today took a dig at opposition BSP saying cracks had started appearing in the memorials built by the previous Mayawati regime as substandard material had been used in their construction.
"The quality of construction at the memorials (put up) by the previous government is very poor, due to which cracks have started appearing in them. Though I have not visited them, it has (been brought) to my notice," Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said in the Assembly.
He alleged that money had been wasted on such memorials and items with a value of Rs 10 were purchased at a cost of thousands of rupees for the construction. BSP member and Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya responded by saying that some memorials were falling apart due to lack of maintenance by the state government and urged the CM to ensure their upkeep.
The SP government was looking after these monuments, Yadav claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!