Cracks appearing in memorials built by BSP: UP CM
Lucknow: Ruling Samajwadi Party today took a dig at opposition BSP saying cracks had started appearing in the memorials built by the previous Mayawati regime as substandard material had been used in their construction.
"The quality of construction at the memorials (put up) by the previous government is very poor, due to which cracks have started appearing in them. Though I have not visited them, it has (been brought) to my notice," Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said in the Assembly.
He alleged that money had been wasted on such memorials and items with a value of Rs 10 were purchased at a cost of thousands of rupees for the construction. BSP member and Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya responded by saying that some memorials were falling apart due to lack of maintenance by the state government and urged the CM to ensure their upkeep.
The SP government was looking after these monuments, Yadav claimed.
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’