Crime against women: Village heads to assist UP Police
Lucknow: To check crime against women in rural areas, the Uttar Pradesh Police have decided to take assistance from village heads.
The village heads would alert police through mobile text messages if there is any crime against women, a senior police officials said.
Inspector General of Police (law and order) RK Vishwakarma today told reporters that to check crime against women, assistance of nearly one lakh village heads would be taken.
A circular has been send to all 1,450 station officers directing them to collect mobile number of the village heads in their respective areas, the officer said.
The IG said that the numbers would be connected with a network and the representatives would inform about any incident of crime or possibility of any incident through SMS.
He said that crime against women was a matter of concern and to check them assistance of the heads was necessary.
Vishwakarama said that implementation of the scheme was expected to help in checking crime against women and girl in rural areas.
He said that the heads with good performance would be felicitated in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?