Crime against women: Village heads to assist UP Police
Lucknow: To check crime against women in rural areas, the Uttar Pradesh Police have decided to take assistance from village heads.
The village heads would alert police through mobile text messages if there is any crime against women, a senior police officials said.
Inspector General of Police (law and order) RK Vishwakarma today told reporters that to check crime against women, assistance of nearly one lakh village heads would be taken.
A circular has been send to all 1,450 station officers directing them to collect mobile number of the village heads in their respective areas, the officer said.
The IG said that the numbers would be connected with a network and the representatives would inform about any incident of crime or possibility of any incident through SMS.
He said that crime against women was a matter of concern and to check them assistance of the heads was necessary.
Vishwakarama said that implementation of the scheme was expected to help in checking crime against women and girl in rural areas.
He said that the heads with good performance would be felicitated in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred