Criminal lynched by villagers
Lakhimpur Kheri: He had seven criminal cases pending against him, right from dacoity and abduction to attempt to murder, but Durga Prasad`s luck finally ran out when he tried to rob a house and was lynched by a mob.
The mob assaulted him with wooden sticks, bricks and iron rods after seeing him sneaking into the house. His body was found late Friday on the outskirts of Tandpurwa village, some 200 km from state capital Lucknow.
"It appears Durga Prasad was attacked late Thursday or early Friday after he was caught sneaking into the house of Ram Ratan. His body was dumped on the outskirts of the village by locals in an attempt to hide the crime," police inspector RK Shukla told reporters here.
"Some of the villagers involved in the killing have been identified. It`s true Durga was a criminal, but people cannot take law in their hands for killing criminals," Shukla added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read