Criminal lynched by villagers
Lakhimpur Kheri: He had seven criminal cases pending against him, right from dacoity and abduction to attempt to murder, but Durga Prasad`s luck finally ran out when he tried to rob a house and was lynched by a mob.
The mob assaulted him with wooden sticks, bricks and iron rods after seeing him sneaking into the house. His body was found late Friday on the outskirts of Tandpurwa village, some 200 km from state capital Lucknow.
"It appears Durga Prasad was attacked late Thursday or early Friday after he was caught sneaking into the house of Ram Ratan. His body was dumped on the outskirts of the village by locals in an attempt to hide the crime," police inspector RK Shukla told reporters here.
"Some of the villagers involved in the killing have been identified. It`s true Durga was a criminal, but people cannot take law in their hands for killing criminals," Shukla added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video