Criminal lynched by villagers
Lakhimpur Kheri: He had seven criminal cases pending against him, right from dacoity and abduction to attempt to murder, but Durga Prasad`s luck finally ran out when he tried to rob a house and was lynched by a mob.
The mob assaulted him with wooden sticks, bricks and iron rods after seeing him sneaking into the house. His body was found late Friday on the outskirts of Tandpurwa village, some 200 km from state capital Lucknow.
"It appears Durga Prasad was attacked late Thursday or early Friday after he was caught sneaking into the house of Ram Ratan. His body was dumped on the outskirts of the village by locals in an attempt to hide the crime," police inspector RK Shukla told reporters here.
"Some of the villagers involved in the killing have been identified. It`s true Durga was a criminal, but people cannot take law in their hands for killing criminals," Shukla added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video