Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh village
Lucknow: A criminal facing a score cases was lynched by a group of villagers in Bareilly district of Uttar Pradesh after he was caught sneaking into a house with an intention to loot, police said Friday.
Ibrahim (30), who was facing nearly 20 criminal cases of attempt to murder, abduction, loot and other crimes, was Thursday night beaten to death by the residents of Basdandi village in Bareilly, around 200-km from Lucknow.
"Ibrahim attempted the loot along with three friends. While his accomplices managed to escape, the locals caught Ibrahim and started beating him with iron rods and wooden sticks till he died on the spot," Superintendent of Police (rural) Vijay Gautam told reporters in Bareilly.
A case of murder has been registered against 15 unidentified people, he said.
"Though Ibrahim was a history-sheeter, action would be taken against all those who took law in their hands and killed him. We have initiated an enquiry into the matter and would soon arrest those who lynched Ibrahim," said Inspector Naresh Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...