Crocodiles kill two children in UP
Lakhimpur: Two children, who were missing for the past two days, were killed by crocodiles and their bodies were found in the river here, a forest officer said.
Bodies of Malkit Singh (13) and Gurpreet Singh (8) were recovered from the Suheli river in Majhgain range of north Kheri forest division yesterday, forest officer said.
The children were reported missing since Friday when they had gone to graze their cattle in neighbouring forests in the close vicinity of Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
Suheli river is infested with crocodiles and the two children accidentally slipped into the river and fell victim to crocodiles wrath.
Majhgain range officers as well as Singahi policemen have rushed to the spot and sent the bodies for a post-mortem examination, he said.
According to division forest officer, north Kheri, K K Pandey, last year also the reptiles had attacked and killed a person when he ventured into the Suheli river.
"An alert has been sounded again warning the locals not to enter into the river areas having reptile presence and not to go self or send their children to the forest areas to avoid encounter with wild animals," he said.
In response to the death of two kids DFO informed that compensation as per rules would be awarded to the aggrieved families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars