Crocodiles kill two children in UP
Lakhimpur: Two children, who were missing for the past two days, were killed by crocodiles and their bodies were found in the river here, a forest officer said.
Bodies of Malkit Singh (13) and Gurpreet Singh (8) were recovered from the Suheli river in Majhgain range of north Kheri forest division yesterday, forest officer said.
The children were reported missing since Friday when they had gone to graze their cattle in neighbouring forests in the close vicinity of Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
Suheli river is infested with crocodiles and the two children accidentally slipped into the river and fell victim to crocodiles wrath.
Majhgain range officers as well as Singahi policemen have rushed to the spot and sent the bodies for a post-mortem examination, he said.
According to division forest officer, north Kheri, K K Pandey, last year also the reptiles had attacked and killed a person when he ventured into the Suheli river.
"An alert has been sounded again warning the locals not to enter into the river areas having reptile presence and not to go self or send their children to the forest areas to avoid encounter with wild animals," he said.
In response to the death of two kids DFO informed that compensation as per rules would be awarded to the aggrieved families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened