Crocodiles kill two children in UP
Lakhimpur: Two children, who were missing for the past two days, were killed by crocodiles and their bodies were found in the river here, a forest officer said.
Bodies of Malkit Singh (13) and Gurpreet Singh (8) were recovered from the Suheli river in Majhgain range of north Kheri forest division yesterday, forest officer said.
The children were reported missing since Friday when they had gone to graze their cattle in neighbouring forests in the close vicinity of Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
Suheli river is infested with crocodiles and the two children accidentally slipped into the river and fell victim to crocodiles wrath.
Majhgain range officers as well as Singahi policemen have rushed to the spot and sent the bodies for a post-mortem examination, he said.
According to division forest officer, north Kheri, K K Pandey, last year also the reptiles had attacked and killed a person when he ventured into the Suheli river.
"An alert has been sounded again warning the locals not to enter into the river areas having reptile presence and not to go self or send their children to the forest areas to avoid encounter with wild animals," he said.
In response to the death of two kids DFO informed that compensation as per rules would be awarded to the aggrieved families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price