Crocodiles kill two children in UP
Lakhimpur: Two children, who were missing for the past two days, were killed by crocodiles and their bodies were found in the river here, a forest officer said.
Bodies of Malkit Singh (13) and Gurpreet Singh (8) were recovered from the Suheli river in Majhgain range of north Kheri forest division yesterday, forest officer said.
The children were reported missing since Friday when they had gone to graze their cattle in neighbouring forests in the close vicinity of Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
Suheli river is infested with crocodiles and the two children accidentally slipped into the river and fell victim to crocodiles wrath.
Majhgain range officers as well as Singahi policemen have rushed to the spot and sent the bodies for a post-mortem examination, he said.
According to division forest officer, north Kheri, K K Pandey, last year also the reptiles had attacked and killed a person when he ventured into the Suheli river.
"An alert has been sounded again warning the locals not to enter into the river areas having reptile presence and not to go self or send their children to the forest areas to avoid encounter with wild animals," he said.
In response to the death of two kids DFO informed that compensation as per rules would be awarded to the aggrieved families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!