CRPF jawan booked for rape
Rampur: A CRPF jawan was booked for allegedly raping a 21-year-old post-graduate student who he had befriended seven months back, police said on Tuesday.
The jawan, a resident of the district who is posted in Varanasi, had developed a friendship with the girl, studying in a college in Moradabad, seven months back, they said.
On February 28, the jawan invited the girl to come to Rampur promising her with a job offer.
The accused took her to Rathonda, seven kms from here, to visit a fair organised to mark the festival of Mahashivratri. Later on the way to Moradabad, he raped the girl at a secluded place, Incharge, Rampur Police Circle, Aaley Hassan said.
A case against the jawan was first registered at the Civil Lines police station here but now has been transferred to Moonda Pandey police station under Moradabad district as the crime was committed in the said territory, he said.
The accused is yet to be nabbed, Hassan said.
Three more cases of rapes have been reported in past two days in the district.
In a dowry-cum-sexual exploitation case, a married woman from Kanakpur village here has lodged a complaint against her husband and his relative for allegedly sexually assaulting her after her parents could not fulfill their dowry demands.
"The woman`s in-laws were demanding a motorcycle and a a sum of Rupees two lakh as dowry. The woman was allegedly gang-raped on the insistence of the family members. A case against 11 members of the family has been registered," district police chief Sadhna Gowswami said.
According to another rape complaint registered with Milak Police Station here, a man alleged that an unidentified youth along with a lady knocked at the door of his house on February 20 night and abducted his wife on gun-point.
The woman was allegedly gang-raped by the man and two his accomplices for a week before she was left off by the accused, the police complaint said.
Police sources said in another rape case, three persons of Patwai area here have been booked for gang-raping a woman.
Mother of one of the accused was also booked in the case for abetting the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state