CRPF trooper kills man over land dispute
Lucknow: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper shot dead his neighbour over a land row in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district, police said on Friday.
Hari Shankar Shukla, 30, killed 50-year-old Ram Samujh Thursday with a licensed rifle of his father in Shukulpur village, some 150 km from here.
"Investigations reveal Shukla killed Ram Samujh in the presence of several villagers after heated arguments over land," Inspector Ram Autar Verma told reporters in Pratapgarh. Shukla is on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed