CRPF trooper kills man over land dispute
Lucknow: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper shot dead his neighbour over a land row in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district, police said on Friday.
Hari Shankar Shukla, 30, killed 50-year-old Ram Samujh Thursday with a licensed rifle of his father in Shukulpur village, some 150 km from here.
"Investigations reveal Shukla killed Ram Samujh in the presence of several villagers after heated arguments over land," Inspector Ram Autar Verma told reporters in Pratapgarh. Shukla is on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP