CRPF trooper kills man over land dispute
Lucknow: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper shot dead his neighbour over a land row in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district, police said on Friday.
Hari Shankar Shukla, 30, killed 50-year-old Ram Samujh Thursday with a licensed rifle of his father in Shukulpur village, some 150 km from here.
"Investigations reveal Shukla killed Ram Samujh in the presence of several villagers after heated arguments over land," Inspector Ram Autar Verma told reporters in Pratapgarh. Shukla is on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’