CRPF trooper kills man over land dispute
Lucknow: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper shot dead his neighbour over a land row in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district, police said on Friday.
Hari Shankar Shukla, 30, killed 50-year-old Ram Samujh Thursday with a licensed rifle of his father in Shukulpur village, some 150 km from here.
"Investigations reveal Shukla killed Ram Samujh in the presence of several villagers after heated arguments over land," Inspector Ram Autar Verma told reporters in Pratapgarh. Shukla is on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence