CRPF trooper shoots self in Ayodhya
Lucknow: A CRPF trooper shot himself dead with his service weapon at the disputed Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Uttar Pradesh`s Ayodhya town, police said Wednesday.
N Rajgopalan from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), who was positioned in the high security `red zone` of the disputed land in Ayodhya, about 140 km from here, used his AK-47 to kill himself, a police officer said.
Rajgopalan was rushed to a nearby medical facility, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Faizabad Subhash Chand Baghel said: "He shot himself by the service weapon. We are looking into what led him to take such an extreme step."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split