CRPF trooper shoots self in Ayodhya
Lucknow: A CRPF trooper shot himself dead with his service weapon at the disputed Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Uttar Pradesh`s Ayodhya town, police said Wednesday.
N Rajgopalan from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), who was positioned in the high security `red zone` of the disputed land in Ayodhya, about 140 km from here, used his AK-47 to kill himself, a police officer said.
Rajgopalan was rushed to a nearby medical facility, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Faizabad Subhash Chand Baghel said: "He shot himself by the service weapon. We are looking into what led him to take such an extreme step."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!