Crude bomb explosion injures six children
Allahabad: Three children were on Wednesday injured when a crude bomb dumped in a garbage heap went off,triggering panic in the city where a powerful explosion had claimed five lives less than a month ago.
The incident took place this afternoon in Daraganj police station area, a stone`s throw from the famous Nagvasuki temple.
A six-year-old boy and two girls aged four and ten years respectively were injured when one of them picked up a crude bomb lying abandoned in a heap of refuse and apparently tossed it mistaking it for a cricket ball, police spokesman Gyanendra Rai said.
He said the bomb, which appeared to be of very low intensity, went off after falling on the ground causing minor injuries to the children who returned to their homes after getting first aid at a clinic nearby.
"It appears that some anti-social elements might have inadvertently dropped the bomb while being chased by police", he claimed.
Meanwhile, panic gripped the city for some time as news of the explosion spread bringing back memories of the ghastly incident of May 23 when a powerful explosion had ripped through a congested slum in Kareli police station area, about 15 kms from the site of today`s blast.
The Kareli blast had claimed the lives of five children and injured six other people.The case is being investigated by Anti-Terrorist Squad of Uttar Pradesh police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!