Cultural programme enthrals pilgrims during Holi celebration
Mathura: Dance and musical performances tonight enthralled thousands of tourists and pilgrims who gathered in the Brij Bhumi region here to witness Holi festival.
"Security forces had to struggle hard to control pilgrims for over two hours however no untoward incident has taken place," District Magistrate Vishal Chauhan said.
The festival, which will culminate on March 17, is celebrated with a lot of fanfare here. Pilgrims witnessed holi being played with flowers like between the mythological Hindu deities Radha and Krishna.
The highlight of the evening programme was rose powder being tossed from a height of 35 to 40 feet using a machine.
Baton wielding women of Rawal village attacked shield holding men amid chants of "Radha Rani ki Jai".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter