Curfew imposed in UP`s Tanda town after arson
Lucknow: Curfew was clamped in Tanda area of Ambedkar Nagar district on Monday following large scale protests and arson over the killing of a Hindu Jagran Manch leader.
Ram Babu Gupta, district president of the manch, was shot dead last night over a property related dispute while he was returning to his residence near Chandralok Palace area of the town, police said.
Irate over the incident, locals indulged into arson and torched several vehicles, including a police jeep, police said.
After the incidents, the authorities imposed the curfew in Tanda and Aliganj police stations of the Tanda area.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family