Curfew imposed in UP`s Tanda town after arson
Lucknow: Curfew was clamped in Tanda area of Ambedkar Nagar district on Monday following large scale protests and arson over the killing of a Hindu Jagran Manch leader.
Ram Babu Gupta, district president of the manch, was shot dead last night over a property related dispute while he was returning to his residence near Chandralok Palace area of the town, police said.
Irate over the incident, locals indulged into arson and torched several vehicles, including a police jeep, police said.
After the incidents, the authorities imposed the curfew in Tanda and Aliganj police stations of the Tanda area.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown