Curfew imposed in UP`s Tanda town after arson
Lucknow: Curfew was clamped in Tanda area of Ambedkar Nagar district on Monday following large scale protests and arson over the killing of a Hindu Jagran Manch leader.
Ram Babu Gupta, district president of the manch, was shot dead last night over a property related dispute while he was returning to his residence near Chandralok Palace area of the town, police said.
Irate over the incident, locals indulged into arson and torched several vehicles, including a police jeep, police said.
After the incidents, the authorities imposed the curfew in Tanda and Aliganj police stations of the Tanda area.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say