Curfew imposed in UP`s Tanda town after arson
Lucknow: Curfew was clamped in Tanda area of Ambedkar Nagar district on Monday following large scale protests and arson over the killing of a Hindu Jagran Manch leader.
Ram Babu Gupta, district president of the manch, was shot dead last night over a property related dispute while he was returning to his residence near Chandralok Palace area of the town, police said.
Irate over the incident, locals indulged into arson and torched several vehicles, including a police jeep, police said.
After the incidents, the authorities imposed the curfew in Tanda and Aliganj police stations of the Tanda area.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the area, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists