Curfew in four areas of Bareilly
Bareilly: Curfew was clamped in four areas of the city following clashes between two groups in Jagatpur and Kalibari, officials said here on Sunday.
District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said that orders have been issued for closure of all schools and colleges in the city and no person was allowed to come out of the house. Besides this, a riot action plan was also being implemented.
Trouble broke out in Baradari area yesterday when two groups clashed after a Janmashtami procession deviated from its fixed route and was stopped by some persons in Jagatpur Panwaria locality.
This led to heavy brick-batting between two groups and firing in which three persons, including a mother-son duo, were injured. The irate mob also torched a vehicle.
In Kalibari area, people went on a rampage when the route of the Dadhikandho procession was changed and clashed with police, they said.
While police resorted to lathi-charge and fired tear gas shells, the mob indulged in brick-batting and firing in which around 15 people, including three policemen, were injured. A youth was injured in firing, sources said.
In the wake of the clash, curfew has been clamped in Baradari, Prem Nagar, Qila and Kotwali areas of the city and all schools and colleges have been closed till further orders.
Senior Superintendent of Police Satyendraveer Singh has suspended two sub-inspectors. This is the second time when curfew has been clamped in the city.
Earlier, curfew was clamped on July 22 following clashes between two groups which claimed four lives and was lifted completely on August 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!