Curfew in four areas of Bareilly
Bareilly: Curfew was clamped in four areas of the city following clashes between two groups in Jagatpur and Kalibari, officials said here on Sunday.
District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said that orders have been issued for closure of all schools and colleges in the city and no person was allowed to come out of the house. Besides this, a riot action plan was also being implemented.
Trouble broke out in Baradari area yesterday when two groups clashed after a Janmashtami procession deviated from its fixed route and was stopped by some persons in Jagatpur Panwaria locality.
This led to heavy brick-batting between two groups and firing in which three persons, including a mother-son duo, were injured. The irate mob also torched a vehicle.
In Kalibari area, people went on a rampage when the route of the Dadhikandho procession was changed and clashed with police, they said.
While police resorted to lathi-charge and fired tear gas shells, the mob indulged in brick-batting and firing in which around 15 people, including three policemen, were injured. A youth was injured in firing, sources said.
In the wake of the clash, curfew has been clamped in Baradari, Prem Nagar, Qila and Kotwali areas of the city and all schools and colleges have been closed till further orders.
Senior Superintendent of Police Satyendraveer Singh has suspended two sub-inspectors. This is the second time when curfew has been clamped in the city.
Earlier, curfew was clamped on July 22 following clashes between two groups which claimed four lives and was lifted completely on August 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling