Curfew relaxation continues in Bareilly
Bareilly: Curfew was Thursday relaxed for 14
hours in trouble-hit localities of the city as no untoward
incident was reported.
"The situation is completely normal and curfew in five
police areas - Prem Nagar, Qila, Baradari, Kotwali and Subhash
Nagar - has been relaxed further for 14 hours, from 5 am to 7
pm, this morning," officials said.
In order to ensure proper supply of foodgrain and
other items in the city, the administration has allowed
loading and unloading of trucks in the city.
"The decision has been taken keeping in mind the
`navratri` festival during which demand of fruits and other
commodities increases considerably," the officials said.
The administration has conditionally lifted
restriction on plying of two-wheelers in the city.
"Only senior citizens and those moving with families
are being allowed to use two-wheelers," they said, adding that
restriction on four-wheelers would continue.
Curfew was clamped in four of the six police areas of
the city on March 2 in the wake of communal clashes over a
barawafat procession.It was later extended to one more police
area after fresh violence on March 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre