Curfew relaxation continues in Bareilly
Bareilly: Curfew was Thursday relaxed for 14
hours in trouble-hit localities of the city as no untoward
incident was reported.
"The situation is completely normal and curfew in five
police areas - Prem Nagar, Qila, Baradari, Kotwali and Subhash
Nagar - has been relaxed further for 14 hours, from 5 am to 7
pm, this morning," officials said.
In order to ensure proper supply of foodgrain and
other items in the city, the administration has allowed
loading and unloading of trucks in the city.
"The decision has been taken keeping in mind the
`navratri` festival during which demand of fruits and other
commodities increases considerably," the officials said.
The administration has conditionally lifted
restriction on plying of two-wheelers in the city.
"Only senior citizens and those moving with families
are being allowed to use two-wheelers," they said, adding that
restriction on four-wheelers would continue.
Curfew was clamped in four of the six police areas of
the city on March 2 in the wake of communal clashes over a
barawafat procession.It was later extended to one more police
area after fresh violence on March 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave