Curfew relaxed for two-hour in Kosi Kalan town
Mathura: Curfew was relaxed on Sunday for two hours in riot-hit Kosi Kalan town, where communal violence claimed four lives, as there was no untoward incident since Friday.
"No untoward incident has been reported since Friday mid- night. Further relaxation in curfew would be considered if the situation further improves," District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has announced a relief of Rs five lakh to next of kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 to those injured.
Four persons were killed and 16 others injured in the clashes in the town, about 45 km from the district headquarters.
"Besides, Rs 20,000 was provided to the families of the deceased and pension has been sanctioned for widows," Kumar said.
The executive engineer has been instructed to camp in Kosi town to ensure at least 20 to 22 hour power supply, he said.
While tankers have been providing water to people in the town, six ambulances have been kept ready for any eventuality, the district magistrate said.
"Police teams has started house-to-house search to foil any foul attempt of anti-socials to disrupt the peace," he said.
The district magistrate and the district police chief took rounds of troubled areas today. They also visited the homes of the riot-victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway