Curfew relaxed in Bareilly
Bareilly: With situation heading towards normal, curfew was on Friday relaxed in trouble-hit areas of the district, a senior official said here.
Divisional commissioner K Ram Mohan Rao said as the situation was normalising fast, curfew was relaxed first for Friday prayers in the afternoon and later for two hours from 3.30 pm.
He said that in the wake of `rakhi` festival and to facilitate students send forms of various examination, post offices would remain open tomorrow.
Rao said elaborate security arrangements would be made for `kanwar yatra` on Monday and `jal bhishek` at Shiva temples.
He said additional force would be deployed at the temples for which 300 additional PAC personnel have been requisitioned.
Rao said examination for stenographer grade C and D was scheduled on Sunday, but the government has been requested to cancel it.
Three persons were killed in clashes in Bareilly and Aonla on Sunday and Monday after which curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured