Curfew relaxed in Bareilly
Bareilly: With situation heading towards normal, curfew was on Friday relaxed in trouble-hit areas of the district, a senior official said here.
Divisional commissioner K Ram Mohan Rao said as the situation was normalising fast, curfew was relaxed first for Friday prayers in the afternoon and later for two hours from 3.30 pm.
He said that in the wake of `rakhi` festival and to facilitate students send forms of various examination, post offices would remain open tomorrow.
Rao said elaborate security arrangements would be made for `kanwar yatra` on Monday and `jal bhishek` at Shiva temples.
He said additional force would be deployed at the temples for which 300 additional PAC personnel have been requisitioned.
Rao said examination for stenographer grade C and D was scheduled on Sunday, but the government has been requested to cancel it.
Three persons were killed in clashes in Bareilly and Aonla on Sunday and Monday after which curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble