Curfew to be relaxed in Saharanpur for 12 hours today
Saharanpur: Curfew will be relaxed in violence-hit Saharanpur for 12 hours on Sunday, an official said on Saturday.
"Curfew will be relaxed from 7 am to 7 pm on Sunday," Saharanpur District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari said here.
The situation is getting normal in the district rapidly, she added.
Curfew was clamped on last Saturday in Saharanpur in the wake of clashes between two communities over a land dispute, which left three persons dead and over 30 injured.
As many as 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze during the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details