Curfew to be relaxed in Saharanpur for 12 hours today
Saharanpur: Curfew will be relaxed in violence-hit Saharanpur for 12 hours on Sunday, an official said on Saturday.
"Curfew will be relaxed from 7 am to 7 pm on Sunday," Saharanpur District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari said here.
The situation is getting normal in the district rapidly, she added.
Curfew was clamped on last Saturday in Saharanpur in the wake of clashes between two communities over a land dispute, which left three persons dead and over 30 injured.
As many as 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze during the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference