Curfew to be relaxed in Saharanpur for 8 hours today
Zee Media Bureau
Saharanpur: Curfew will be relaxed in the violence-hit Saharanpur district for eight hours on Friday.
The curfew will be relaxed from 10 am to 6 pm.
All government offices will remain open from 10 am to 5 pm.
District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari had on Thursday announced that during curfew relaxation hours, only one youth will be allowed to travel on a motorcycle. Two youths in the age group of 22-24 years will not be allowed to ride a motorcycle, she had said.
Tiwari had said till now 87 FIRs have been registered in connection with the riots and 104 people have been arrested.
According to reports till now, 193 shops were burnt during the violence.
The Revenue Department is calculating the loss suffered by the shop owners, she said.
She said the Divisional Commissioner of Meerut has been given the charge of administrative investigation of the riots.
On Thursday, SSP Rajesh Kumar Pandey had said the chemicals seized from the spot of violence include petrol, kerosene and chemicals used for woodwork. All these have been sent to a laboratory in Agra for test, he had added.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list