Custodial death: CB-CID asked to arrest policemen
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
given permission to the CB-CID to arrest five policemen,
including an Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), in
connection with a two-year old custodial death case in
The government has given permission to arrest ASP Ajay
Pratap Singh, deputy SP Dharmendra Singh, then SO of
Jahangirabad Anand Singh and two constables Putani
Lal and Harish Chandra, Secretary (Home) Sandeep Salunke told
Singh along with other four other policemen had been
indicted by the CB-CID in the custodial death of a petrol pump
employee, Sushil Verma, in 2009.
The government had already given permission for the
prosecution of the ASP.
Ajay Pratap Singh, who has been made accused in the case
by the CB-CID during his posting in Barabanki district, had
taken one day leave in June first week this year and is
missing from the duty since then, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen