Custodial death in Jaunpur, police orders probe
Jaunpur: A 40-year-old man died due to excessive beating in police custody in Chandwak police station area here on Friday, his family members alleged.
They said Tilakdhari Rajbhar, a resident of Karanhua village, was creating nuisance at Amrauna Bazar last evening under the influence of liquor and was brought to the police station on the complaint of the locals.
Rajbhar was allegedly beaten up severely and this morning he was taken ill and rushed to hospital where he died, they said.
Additional police force and PAC was immediately deployed at the police station as a precautionary measure.
SP (City) S P Misra said the body has been sent for post mortem examination.
On the allegations of the family members, Misra said they would be probed and all those found responsible would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price