Custodial death in Jaunpur, police orders probe
Jaunpur: A 40-year-old man died due to excessive beating in police custody in Chandwak police station area here on Friday, his family members alleged.
They said Tilakdhari Rajbhar, a resident of Karanhua village, was creating nuisance at Amrauna Bazar last evening under the influence of liquor and was brought to the police station on the complaint of the locals.
Rajbhar was allegedly beaten up severely and this morning he was taken ill and rushed to hospital where he died, they said.
Additional police force and PAC was immediately deployed at the police station as a precautionary measure.
SP (City) S P Misra said the body has been sent for post mortem examination.
On the allegations of the family members, Misra said they would be probed and all those found responsible would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon