Custodial torture of minors: HC seeks counter affidavit
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
asked the Uttar Pradesh government to file its counter
affidavit on the alleged illegal detention and custodial
torture of two minors in Shahjahanpur district for two weeks.
A Division Bench comprising Chief Justice FI Rebello
and Justice Prakash Krishna asked the state authorities to
file their counter affidavit by the next date of hearing on
The order came on a PIL by an organisation People`s
Union for Human Rights wherein the court`s attention was drawn
to newspaper reports in January and February regarding the
"illegal detention" of two boys - Vinay and Azad - at Tilhar
post office of Shahjahanpur.
It has been further alleged in the PIL that the two
boys were "falsely implicated" in a case of murder and
abduction and subjected to third-degree torture during their
14-day "illegal" detention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!