Custodial torture of minors: HC seeks counter affidavit
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
asked the Uttar Pradesh government to file its counter
affidavit on the alleged illegal detention and custodial
torture of two minors in Shahjahanpur district for two weeks.
A Division Bench comprising Chief Justice FI Rebello
and Justice Prakash Krishna asked the state authorities to
file their counter affidavit by the next date of hearing on
The order came on a PIL by an organisation People`s
Union for Human Rights wherein the court`s attention was drawn
to newspaper reports in January and February regarding the
"illegal detention" of two boys - Vinay and Azad - at Tilhar
post office of Shahjahanpur.
It has been further alleged in the PIL that the two
boys were "falsely implicated" in a case of murder and
abduction and subjected to third-degree torture during their
14-day "illegal" detention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires