Customs official accused of rape in Lucknow
Lucknow: A customs official was accused of rape by a domestic help in Uttar Pradesh`s capital and a case has been registered against him, police said on Monday.
Superintendent of Police Dinesh Yadav said a case has been registered and investigation is going on.
The domestic help, working in the house of one of the relatives of the official, lodged a complaint Sunday that Customs Superintendent Sushil Kumar raped her 20 days back, police said.
She also told police that he has been molesting her for the past few months and she did not raise the issue with anyone out of fear.
"We have questioned the complainant and she has been taken for a medical examination. We will act as per law," Yadav said.
Sushil Kumar, however, denied that he has raped the domestic help and accused the woman of fabricating the allegation since he had thrown her out of the house for not looking properly after her paternal aunt.
"She had been kept to attend on my ailing `bua` (aunt) but was not doing her job properly, so I removed her," the official told police.
Police officials, who are investigating the case, said prima-facie it "appeared weak" but added that they would explore all angles before arriving at any conclusion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister