DA case victory: Behenji thanks party workers
Lucknow: Hours after the Supreme Court quashed the FIR filed against her in the disproportionate assets case, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) thanked the her party workers for standing by her through the long legal struggle.
“I heartily welcome the Supreme Court verdict,” she said, while also expressing her gratitude to senior Supreme Court lawyer Harish Salve and her lawyer SC Mishra for having presented her case correctly in the court.
Mayawati further said, “I also thank party workers for their patience. Party workers always stood by me like a hard rock….taking inspiration from the life struggle by Dr Ambedkar that was taken forward by manyavar Kanshi Ram; they (party workers) did not get perplexed.”
“Our people had the belief that Behenji is on the same path and that we should not get distracted and continue to support Behenji,” she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed