DA case victory: Behenji thanks party workers
Lucknow: Hours after the Supreme Court quashed the FIR filed against her in the disproportionate assets case, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) thanked the her party workers for standing by her through the long legal struggle.
“I heartily welcome the Supreme Court verdict,” she said, while also expressing her gratitude to senior Supreme Court lawyer Harish Salve and her lawyer SC Mishra for having presented her case correctly in the court.
Mayawati further said, “I also thank party workers for their patience. Party workers always stood by me like a hard rock….taking inspiration from the life struggle by Dr Ambedkar that was taken forward by manyavar Kanshi Ram; they (party workers) did not get perplexed.”
“Our people had the belief that Behenji is on the same path and that we should not get distracted and continue to support Behenji,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?