Dalit farmer shot dead in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A Dalit farmer was allegedly shot dead by unidentified armed men when he was sleeping near his tube well at Dalpat village in the district, police said on Thursday.
40-year-old Narender was shot dead last evening, they said.
A case has been registered against unidentified assailants in this connection, J R Joshi, Deputy Superintendent of Police said.
Meanwhile, hundreds of Dalits took out a protest march against the murder and also refused to hand over the victim`s body to the police, he said.
Later, the body was sent for post-mortem, police said, adding that investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price