Dalit farmer shot dead in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A Dalit farmer was allegedly shot dead by unidentified armed men when he was sleeping near his tube well at Dalpat village in the district, police said on Thursday.
40-year-old Narender was shot dead last evening, they said.
A case has been registered against unidentified assailants in this connection, J R Joshi, Deputy Superintendent of Police said.
Meanwhile, hundreds of Dalits took out a protest march against the murder and also refused to hand over the victim`s body to the police, he said.
Later, the body was sent for post-mortem, police said, adding that investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?