Dalit farmer shot dead in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A Dalit farmer was allegedly shot dead by unidentified armed men when he was sleeping near his tube well at Dalpat village in the district, police said on Thursday.
40-year-old Narender was shot dead last evening, they said.
A case has been registered against unidentified assailants in this connection, J R Joshi, Deputy Superintendent of Police said.
Meanwhile, hundreds of Dalits took out a protest march against the murder and also refused to hand over the victim`s body to the police, he said.
Later, the body was sent for post-mortem, police said, adding that investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH