Dalit girl attempts suicide as parents fail to deposit fees
Muzaffarnagar: An undergraduate dalit girl student allegedly attempted suicide after her parents failed to deposit her college fees at Athai village, police said on Wednesday.
Anita, 20, jumped into Ganga canal yesterday after her parents, who are farmers, failed to submit her second semester college fees due to financial problems, they said.
The girl, a student of BCA at local S D Management college, was rescued from the canal by villagers and handed over to her parents, they added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative