Dalit girl gang-raped by three persons in UP; one arrested
Jaunpur: A 17-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly gang-raped here repeatedly since last December by three persons, following which one of them has been arrested, police said Saturday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the girl, a class 12th student, narrated her ordeal to her mother who filed a complaint with the police.
According to the complaint, the victim was first gang-raped on December 12 last year when she was returning from school, Additional Superintendent of Police Ramji Singh Yadav said.
The three accused abducted her and gang-raped her one by one, Yadav said, adding, they also made a video clipping of the crime.
The accused had raped the girl several times since then on the pretext of uploading the clipping, the ASP said.
The girl eventually reported the incident to her mother yesterday when she started getting renewed threats and when some more youths joined the trio, he said.
One of the youths has been arrested for raping and blackmailing the girl, Yadav said, adding, search is on to nab the other accused and to recover the mobile phone carrying the clipping.
The girl has been sent for medical examination, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar