Dalit girl may have been offered as sacrifice: SC commission
Ghaziabad: The National Commission for
Scheduled Castes has demanded an investigation into the murder
of a dalit teenager here.
The deputy chairman of the NCSC Raj Kumar Virk has
asked the police to heed to the demands of the girl`s family,
who suspect the killing to be a case of "human sacrifice"
rather than murder.
Virk had visited the Jadopur village last evening
where the young girl was allegedly murdered after being raped.
The girl`s father Chet Ram, who had earlier lodged a
case of rape and murder, now suspects his daughter was offered
as a human sacrifice by his neighbour Jagdish.
The incident happened on February 4 when a
16-year-old dalit girl was found dead in a jungle near
Pilakhwa village here.
Though rape has not yet been confirmed in the
post-mortem report, the vaginal swabs of the victim have been
sent for laboratory test in Agra, SSP Raghubir Lal said.
While the police has arrested four suspects in
connection with the case, Jagdish is still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi