Dalit scholar arrested for FB post on Durga`s suspension
Rampur: Eminent Dalit scholar, Kamal Bharti, was arrested here on Tuesday on a complaint by Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan`s aide for his alleged Facebook post on suspended IAS officer Durga Sakthi Nagpal.
Bharti, author of various books dealing with problems faced by Dalits, in his post said that the Gautam Budh Nagar SDM was suspended for alleged demolition of wall of a mosque.
He went on to say that in Rampur a madarsa was recently demolished and its manager was placed behind the bars but no action was taken against the officials who were deputed to demolish the institution.
The madarsa was demolished because it was allegedly constructed on the land of a graveyard, sources said.
In his post, Bharti said it is the `will and wish` of the Urban Development minister Azam Khan which prevails and not the law of the land.
In the complaint, Azam Khan`s PRO Fasahat Ali Khan alleged that Bharti had made a derogatory remark against the UP minister.
On the complaint, a case was registered against Bharti at Civil Lines police station and he was arrested, police said.
Bharti was produced before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate VK Pandey, which granted him bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren