Dalit student commits suicide in UP
Etah: A Dalit student of a government school committed suicide allegedly after being harassed by police in Rijod area.
Rajkumar Mahto, a Class 12th student of Navodaya Vidyalaya, hanged himself from a tree and committed suicide in the school premises yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered in which Mahto has accused the Station House Officer (SHO) of the area, School Principal and a teacher for him taking the extreme step, officials said.
Agitated over the incident, the students locked the school gate demanding suspension of the policeman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India