Dalit student commits suicide in UP
Etah: A Dalit student of a government school committed suicide allegedly after being harassed by police in Rijod area.
Rajkumar Mahto, a Class 12th student of Navodaya Vidyalaya, hanged himself from a tree and committed suicide in the school premises yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered in which Mahto has accused the Station House Officer (SHO) of the area, School Principal and a teacher for him taking the extreme step, officials said.
Agitated over the incident, the students locked the school gate demanding suspension of the policeman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands