Dalit teenager raped, another from community molested
Jhansi/Sultanpur/Bhadoi (Uttar Pradesh): A teenaged dalit girl was raped, a 21-year-old from the backward community molested while a doctor was accused of attempting to rape a woman patient in three separate cases from different parts of Uttar Pradesh.
The 15-year-old dalit girl was allegedly raped and held captive for 15 days by three men in Dharauli village in Sultanpur district, police said today.
The girl went missing on December 14 while going to school, police said adding she was "freed" yesterday after which the matter came to the light and an FIR was registered against three persons.
While Raju has been charged with rape, Basantlal and Sahabdeen have been booked criminal conspiracy.
Police were trying to arrest the accused, who are absconding.
In a separate incident, a 21-year-old dalit woman was molested by her neighbour in Gopiganj area of Bhadoi district.
Police said that the accused Ram Sajeevan alias Baba (25) has been arrested.
A doctor allegedly tried to rape the women when she had gone for treatment along with her two family members in Bdagaon area in Jhansi district yesterday, police said.
A case was lodged last night and efforts were being made to arrest the doctor, they said.
Agitated with the incident the local residents today shut their shops.
The incidents come amid national outrage over the Delhi gang-rape incident whose victim died on Friday night after battling for life for nearly two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you