Dalit woman gang-raped in UP
Deoria: A Dalit woman was allegedly gang-raped in Lar area here by three persons who also tried to kill her, police said here on Thursday.
The incident took place on March 11 when the 42-year-old woman was returning home after cooking at a function.
The accused -- Vidhyachal, Gopi Gaur and Harilal Rajbhar -- who hired her for cooking at the function, caught her and dragged her to a field and not only raped her.
They also tried to kill her. She was seriously injured in the attack.
The woman was rushed to a hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable.
Police have lodged an FIR in this connection and launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie