Dalit woman gang-raped in UP
Deoria: A Dalit woman was allegedly
gang-raped in Lar area here by three persons who also tried to kill her, police said here Thursday.
The incident took place on March 11 when the 42-year-old woman was returning home after cooking at a function.
The accused -- Vidhyachal, Gopi Gaur and Harilal Rajbhar -- who hired her for cooking at the function, caught her and dragged her to a field and not only raped her.
They also tried to kill her. She was seriously injured in the attack.
The woman was rushed to a hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable.
Police have lodged an FIR in this connection and launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof