Dalit woman, whose daughter stripped for stealing, released
Kanpur: A dalit woman whose minor
daughter was stripped by a boutique owner here has been
released from jail after police in its probe found that claims
of theft against her were false.
Police gave clean chit to the mother-daughter duo, who
were accused by a boutique owner of stealing rings.
A local court yesterday ordered to release the woman.
The minor was released on January 17 on bail.
The duo were found innocent after a probe into the
complaint by the boutique owner Shalini Gujral who accused
them of stealing rings, Circle Officer Samir Saurabh said. The
mother used to work as domestic help at Gujral`s house in
The minor Dalit girl was allegedly kept in illegal
confinement and stripped in the presence of two women by the
A few days ago, when the girl visited Gujral`s house,
the woman accused her of theft and allegedly confined her with
the help of two other women and stripped her after tying her
hands and legs. The woman set her free when she cried and
strongly protested, the victim had claimed in a statement
before the police.
On January 16, the boutique owner lodged a complaint
against the mother-daughter duo at Fazalganj police station
claiming that they had stolen two rings from her house. The
next day, the police arrested the two, and a court sent the
mother to jail while releasing the girl on bail due to her
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!