Dalits protest after Ambedkar statue broken
Agra: Angry over a broken statue of B R
Ambedkar, Dalits on Monday blocked traffic at the national highway
here and pelted stones at police.
"There was tension among the Dalit community when the
statue of Ambedkar at Balkeshwar in New Agra area was found
broken this morning. A huge crowd gathered and blocked the
Water works crossing at national highway 2 here," a senior
police official said.
When police reached the spot to maintain calm, the angry
crowd pelted them with stones, he said.
A case has been registered against the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH