Dalits protest after Ambedkar statue broken
Agra: Angry over a broken statue of B R
Ambedkar, Dalits on Monday blocked traffic at the national highway
here and pelted stones at police.
"There was tension among the Dalit community when the
statue of Ambedkar at Balkeshwar in New Agra area was found
broken this morning. A huge crowd gathered and blocked the
Water works crossing at national highway 2 here," a senior
police official said.
When police reached the spot to maintain calm, the angry
crowd pelted them with stones, he said.
A case has been registered against the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package