Dance by girls in UP jail, police station; officials seek report
Bahraich/Lakhimpur Kheri: Videos of girls dancing in jail premises in Bahraich and in a police station in Lakhimpur Kheri in Uttar Pradesh on Janmashtami festival irked district officials, prompting them to seek report about the incidents.
The Bahraich administration sought a report from prison authorities after visuals of Jail Superintendent A K Singh purportedly asking people to give money to girls giving dance performance during a Janmashtami festival in jail premises were aired in some news channels.
"We have sought a report in this regard. Action will be taken against those involved in the act," District Magistrate Satyendra Singh said.
"The artistes are hungry of clapping, love and reward. Half of Bahraich is gathered here. Not a single paisa is coming for them. You could not give Rs 10 to them," Singh was purportedly seen stating in the video.
In Lakhimpur Kheri`s Pallia police station, visuals telecast by news channels purportedly showed girls dancing during Janmashtami festival.
Superintendent of Police Arvind Sen Yadav said he has sought a detailed report from the Circle Office.
"I have sought a report from the CO," the SP said.
Some local media reports claimed the dance performance by the girls was "obscene".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report