Dance by girls in UP jail, police station; officials seek report
Bahraich/Lakhimpur Kheri: Videos of girls dancing in jail premises in Bahraich and in a police station in Lakhimpur Kheri in Uttar Pradesh on Janmashtami festival irked district officials, prompting them to seek report about the incidents.
The Bahraich administration sought a report from prison authorities after visuals of Jail Superintendent A K Singh purportedly asking people to give money to girls giving dance performance during a Janmashtami festival in jail premises were aired in some news channels.
"We have sought a report in this regard. Action will be taken against those involved in the act," District Magistrate Satyendra Singh said.
"The artistes are hungry of clapping, love and reward. Half of Bahraich is gathered here. Not a single paisa is coming for them. You could not give Rs 10 to them," Singh was purportedly seen stating in the video.
In Lakhimpur Kheri`s Pallia police station, visuals telecast by news channels purportedly showed girls dancing during Janmashtami festival.
Superintendent of Police Arvind Sen Yadav said he has sought a detailed report from the Circle Office.
"I have sought a report from the CO," the SP said.
Some local media reports claimed the dance performance by the girls was "obscene".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'