Darul Uloom Committee to conduct probe after one week
Muzaffarnagar: Acting Vice Chancellor of
Darul Uloom Deoband, Mufti Abul Qasim Naomani Benarasi, has
said that a three-member committee of the seminary will look
into the allegations against incumbent VC Ghulam Mohammad
Vastanvi from next week.
The three-member committee would look into all the
allegations against Vastanvi once the examinations of the
students are over on March 8th, Benarasi, who on Wednesday took
charge as the acting Vice Chancellor of the seminary, said.
Presently both students and teachers are busy in the
ongoing examinations, he said.
Incumbent VC Maulana Vasatanvi would appear before the
inquiry committee if asked to, sources said.
The Majlis-e-Shura or the Governing Council of the
Darul Uloom had appointed Mufti Benarasi as "acting" VC in its
emergency meeting held on Feb 23rd.
The Governing Council constituted a three-member
committee, comprising of Mufti Mazoor Ahmad from Kanpur, Mufti
Mohammad Ismail from Malegaon and Maulana Mohammad Ibrahim
from Channai, to look into the allegations against Vastanvi
and all other issues concerning both inside and and outside
60-year-old Vastanvi, who hails from Gujarat and has
an MBA degree, was elected VC on January 10th.
The moderate Maulana, who has a Facebook page in his
name, had triggered a controversy soon after his appointment
with his remarks praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi`s rule and his development policy.
He had reportedly said that Muslims should forget
the communal riots of 2002 and move on and that the community
did not face discrimination in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal