Dasgupta meets Akhilesh, alleges atrocities on Noida workers
Lucknow: AITUC general secretary Gurudas Dasgupta on Tuesday met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and alleged police atrocities on the workers who were arrested in Noida during the nation-wide bandh last month.
The workers were arrested after the bandh called by central trade unions had turned violent in the district.
Seeking state government`s cooperation in getting bail for arrested workers, Dasgupta said the protests, that turned violent in Noida, were infiltrated by the outsiders.
"Violence took place due to two reasons -- first, there was resentment among the workers. Second, some outsiders infiltrated into the agitation," Dasgupta observed.
Alleging that police wanted to close their trade union offices, Dasgupta stressed that their party does not subscribe to violence.
"I apprised the CM about police atrocities on trade union workers in Noida, and drew his attention to the warrants issued against them. I requested him to ensure that all trade union workers are released on bail," Dasgupta said.
He said if needed, the All India Trade Union Congress will provide free legal aid to the arrested workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly