Dawood aide arrested in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An alleged henchman of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Faizabad district, police said Monday.
Vinod Yadav, 32, was arrested Sunday night from Milkipur area of Faizabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"Yadav, who worked for the D-company, has been involved in a number of contract killings in Mumbai, Punjab and other cities of different states," police inspector Sushil Kumar told reporters in Faizabad.
"It was only an hour of gunfight and we managed to arrest Yadav, who was associated with Dawood for the last seven years," he said.
According to police, Yadav returned to his home district of Faizabad a few days ago for killing a businessman of Inayatnagar town.
"Preliminary investigations reveal Yadav`s two aides also accompanied him to Faizabad for committing the crime. Yadav is being interrogated. His other aides would be arrested soon," Kumar said.
Dawood, one of India`s most wanted men, is believed to be in Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof