Dawood aide arrested in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An alleged henchman of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Faizabad district, police said Monday.
Vinod Yadav, 32, was arrested Sunday night from Milkipur area of Faizabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"Yadav, who worked for the D-company, has been involved in a number of contract killings in Mumbai, Punjab and other cities of different states," police inspector Sushil Kumar told reporters in Faizabad.
"It was only an hour of gunfight and we managed to arrest Yadav, who was associated with Dawood for the last seven years," he said.
According to police, Yadav returned to his home district of Faizabad a few days ago for killing a businessman of Inayatnagar town.
"Preliminary investigations reveal Yadav`s two aides also accompanied him to Faizabad for committing the crime. Yadav is being interrogated. His other aides would be arrested soon," Kumar said.
Dawood, one of India`s most wanted men, is believed to be in Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- 'Sarbjit' Box Office collections: Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer mints Rs 8.25 cr!
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'