Dawood aide arrested in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An alleged henchman of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Faizabad district, police said Monday.
Vinod Yadav, 32, was arrested Sunday night from Milkipur area of Faizabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"Yadav, who worked for the D-company, has been involved in a number of contract killings in Mumbai, Punjab and other cities of different states," police inspector Sushil Kumar told reporters in Faizabad.
"It was only an hour of gunfight and we managed to arrest Yadav, who was associated with Dawood for the last seven years," he said.
According to police, Yadav returned to his home district of Faizabad a few days ago for killing a businessman of Inayatnagar town.
"Preliminary investigations reveal Yadav`s two aides also accompanied him to Faizabad for committing the crime. Yadav is being interrogated. His other aides would be arrested soon," Kumar said.
Dawood, one of India`s most wanted men, is believed to be in Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?