Dawood aide arrested in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An alleged henchman of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Faizabad district, police said Monday.
Vinod Yadav, 32, was arrested Sunday night from Milkipur area of Faizabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"Yadav, who worked for the D-company, has been involved in a number of contract killings in Mumbai, Punjab and other cities of different states," police inspector Sushil Kumar told reporters in Faizabad.
"It was only an hour of gunfight and we managed to arrest Yadav, who was associated with Dawood for the last seven years," he said.
According to police, Yadav returned to his home district of Faizabad a few days ago for killing a businessman of Inayatnagar town.
"Preliminary investigations reveal Yadav`s two aides also accompanied him to Faizabad for committing the crime. Yadav is being interrogated. His other aides would be arrested soon," Kumar said.
Dawood, one of India`s most wanted men, is believed to be in Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday