Dawood aide arrested in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An alleged henchman of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Faizabad district, police said Monday.
Vinod Yadav, 32, was arrested Sunday night from Milkipur area of Faizabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"Yadav, who worked for the D-company, has been involved in a number of contract killings in Mumbai, Punjab and other cities of different states," police inspector Sushil Kumar told reporters in Faizabad.
"It was only an hour of gunfight and we managed to arrest Yadav, who was associated with Dawood for the last seven years," he said.
According to police, Yadav returned to his home district of Faizabad a few days ago for killing a businessman of Inayatnagar town.
"Preliminary investigations reveal Yadav`s two aides also accompanied him to Faizabad for committing the crime. Yadav is being interrogated. His other aides would be arrested soon," Kumar said.
Dawood, one of India`s most wanted men, is believed to be in Karachi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India