Days after Mulayam`s rap, SP praises Akhilesh govt
Lucknow: Seeking to put a lid on controversy over Mulayam Singh Yadav expressing displeasure over his son Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s performance, Samajwadi Party`s state executive on Saturday passed a resolution praising the working done by his over four-month-old government in Uttar Pradesh.
A resolution passed in the meeting in which SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav was present praised the efforts of Akhilesh government in restoring democracy in the state and working towards fulfilling the promises made in the assembly elections.
The resolution also expressed gratitude over the faith shown by the voters in the leaderships of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Earlier this week, Mulayam had reportedly expressed displeasure over the performance of SP government during a meeting of the party legislators and ministers.
When asked whether Mulayam had expressed views in this regard at the meeting here today, party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said that the SP chief "was neither unhappy with the functioning of the government then nor is he now".
"Reports published in the media in this regard are false", Chaudhary said.
The SP chief has asked partymen to specially concentrate on the coming Lok Sabha elections and work dedicatedly among the people so as to ensure the victory of the party besides remaining alert of opposition designs, Chaudhry said on meeting.
"An army of conspirators are against you and so you have to see that charges of corruption and bias are not levelled against the government. This is a big responsibility before us and we have to live up to it," Chaudhary quoted Mulayam as saying.
The chief minister who was presiding over the meeting assured that government would fulfill all election promises made by it besides initiating new projects to ensure development of the state.
Akhilesh Yadav said due to assembly session and elections to the local bodies when the model code of conduct had been in force in the state, the government got only two months to actually work but assured that his government would realise the dreams of party president.
National spokesman of the party Ram Gopal Yadav said that the next challenge before the party is 2014 Lok Sabha elections .
In order to gain success in the Lok Sabha election, party workers would have to work unitedly with discipline and counter opposition propaganda, Yadav said, adding Congress and BJP have also joined in the BSP`s designs against the SP.
He said Yadav advised MLAs and ministers to be wary of brokers and middlemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow