Days after Mulayam`s rap, SP praises Akhilesh govt
Lucknow: Seeking to put a lid on controversy over Mulayam Singh Yadav expressing displeasure over his son Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s performance, Samajwadi Party`s state executive on Saturday passed a resolution praising the working done by his over four-month-old government in Uttar Pradesh.
A resolution passed in the meeting in which SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav was present praised the efforts of Akhilesh government in restoring democracy in the state and working towards fulfilling the promises made in the assembly elections.
The resolution also expressed gratitude over the faith shown by the voters in the leaderships of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Earlier this week, Mulayam had reportedly expressed displeasure over the performance of SP government during a meeting of the party legislators and ministers.
When asked whether Mulayam had expressed views in this regard at the meeting here today, party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said that the SP chief "was neither unhappy with the functioning of the government then nor is he now".
"Reports published in the media in this regard are false", Chaudhary said.
The SP chief has asked partymen to specially concentrate on the coming Lok Sabha elections and work dedicatedly among the people so as to ensure the victory of the party besides remaining alert of opposition designs, Chaudhry said on meeting.
"An army of conspirators are against you and so you have to see that charges of corruption and bias are not levelled against the government. This is a big responsibility before us and we have to live up to it," Chaudhary quoted Mulayam as saying.
The chief minister who was presiding over the meeting assured that government would fulfill all election promises made by it besides initiating new projects to ensure development of the state.
Akhilesh Yadav said due to assembly session and elections to the local bodies when the model code of conduct had been in force in the state, the government got only two months to actually work but assured that his government would realise the dreams of party president.
National spokesman of the party Ram Gopal Yadav said that the next challenge before the party is 2014 Lok Sabha elections .
In order to gain success in the Lok Sabha election, party workers would have to work unitedly with discipline and counter opposition propaganda, Yadav said, adding Congress and BJP have also joined in the BSP`s designs against the SP.
He said Yadav advised MLAs and ministers to be wary of brokers and middlemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble